Saturday, March 12, 2011

Chickens?

I had 99 but down to 98:( I put the last 24 in a cage and they are so tiny they slipped thru the wire and now I'm down one! I brought them into the house. Have to grow them a little bigger before they are ready for the cage outside! I have 10 chicks that will lay chocolate colored eggs, 15 Wyandottes(which are blue in color) and25 red leghorns, that lay white eggs, and 25 buff orpingtons, which are a bigger chicken(light brown eggs) and they are good sitters. Then I will not need an incubator! And the last 23 are Americana and they are the Easter egg layers. They lay green or blue or pink eggs. I have 3 and get a dark green,a light green and a light blue egg. I have a few more chickens but they don't all lay. I am going to have to cull some. I will try to post a Blue Wyandotte. I'll see how well the computer obeys it's master! HA!



A picture of a blue Wyanotte I found online.

My eggs will be similar to this photo(also found online)

No comments: